EA source code with unreadable characters

So I have this EA that displays weird characters for the options after loading, and also in the source file…

extern string ÍÀ×ÀËÜÍÛÅ_ÏÀÐÀÌÅÒÐÛ = “ÍÀ×ÀËÜÍÛÅ ÏÀÐÀÌÅÒÐÛ”;
extern int Ìàãèê = 11111;
extern int Òèï_Ëîòà_0_1_2 = 2;
extern double Ïðîñêàëüçûâàíèå = 5.0;
extern string ÏÀÐÀÌÅÒÐÛ_ËÎÒÀ = “ÏÀÐÀÌÅÒÐÛ ËÎÒÀ”;
extern double Ëîò = 0.01;
extern bool Óìíîæåíèå_Ëîòà = TRUE;

No idea what is going on there, I’ve been hired to translate the EA to English and have no experience in mql4. Maybe there is some sort of decryption step missing?

Or a language pack missing from Windows?

If someone could help me figure this out I’d be grateful.

Thanks

That is because the original text file was saved as ANSI instead of UNICODE, but on a PC whose default Code-Page or Regional Settings is different to yours.

If you know what the original Code-Page / Regional Settings are, it can be corrected, but if not it will be a bit of trial and error to find the correct one.

PS! Obviously knowing MQL can help you decipher the meaning or function of some of those variable names!

THANK YOU! How would you suggest I go about the trial and error process?

That is a little difficult for me to guess, since I am unable to see the file content, but I would suggest by looking at the following for clues:

• the file name
  • where it came from
  • looking at the code functionality for clues
  • looking at variable names that are readable

These are just guesses, it requires a little bit of research and investigation …

Also have a look at your PM Inbox!

Thanks!!!..

Seems like it could be Russian using the Cyrillic character set, CodePage “Windows-1251”.

extern string НАЧАЛЬНЫЕ_ПАРАМЕТРЫ = "НАЧАЛЬНЫЕ ПАРАМЕТРЫ"; // Translates to "INITIAL PARAMETERS"
    extern int Магик = 11111;
    extern int Тип_Лота_0_1_2 = 2;
    extern double Проскальзывание = 5.0;
    extern string ПАРАМЕТРЫ_ЛОТА = "ПАРАМЕТРЫ ЛОТА"; // Translates to "LOT PARAMETERS"
    extern double Лот = 0.01;
    extern bool Умножение_Лота = TRUE;

just put the weird characters into Google Translate and select Russian in Langages, and voilà !

No that does not work correctly! For example, the characters “ÍÀ×ÀËÜÍÛÅ ÏÀÐÀÌÅÒÐÛ” with Russian to English Google Translation, would give “HAVING A WAY”, when the correct text “НАЧАЛЬНЫЕ ПАРАМЕТРЫ” would give “INITIAL PARAMETERS”.