Do Brokers Discriminate Against Robots?

I am hearing from a couple traders that small brokers frown upon the use of trading robots and treat orders placed by robots differently; i.e.that orders placed by a robot get worse execution than those placed manually.

Does anyone know anything to this effect? Have you ever had such an experience?

Thanks

Typically, bots perform repetitive tasks, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

There’s no way to distinguish the order placed from terminal A by a script, a man, a bot - maybe the comment but it’s irrelevant.

But brokers can guess it is an EA because of the rate - when they aren’t agree with EA on their server, they just express it in their conditions of use.

Some other brokers are agree with, but simply can’t afford it on their servers.

Find a decent broker.

Typically, bots perform repetitive tasks, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

There’s no way to distinguish the order placed from terminal A by a script, a man, a bot - maybe the comment but it’s irrelevant.

But brokers can guess it is an EA because of the rate - when they aren’t agree with EA on their server, they just express it in their conditions of use.

Some other brokers are agree with, but simply can’t afford it on their servers.

Brokers do not need to guess. ENUM_ORDER_REASON tells the broker the reason for a trade. Granted it should be named “MEANS”, not “reason”… i am sure it is a language issue…anyway a whole other topic

Indeed. I didn’t know that : ORDER_REASON_EXPERT. Absolutely, probably a tag relative to MT client/server.

So yes maybe Ovidus :slight_smile:

… but err … the MT server, use it to simply allow/disallow or also to filter bandwith priority ?

Thanks, but you did not read the question. I did not say that my broker did so. I asked whether people have ever heard of a broker doing this.

Has anyone heard of any broker doing so?

I did hear about a plot theory involving brokers. But as I answered I don’t believe in, if there’s indeed a tag to distinguish how the positions has been opened, it’s not in the metaquote server’s interest to add to it a bandwith allocation option to specific positions. From my point of view it’s just about allowing or disallowing it. Ask the service desk.

My scalping robot always has a trouble with " a requote ". Some say it’s a broker but who knows.

If I trade manually (swing), it’s not a problem at all on the same broker.

So, choice of broker is important too. I think.

This is reply from MetaQuotes which I found:

The question constantly pops up, the answers were repeatedly given.

Never any broker sees and does not have access to the trader’s computer, does not know and does not have access to his robots or any other programs.

But each order has a type of reason, which indicates how it was created - manually or by experts.

To be afraid of knowledge by the broker (“trader trades experts”) does not make sense. At a huge number of brokers, the percentage of autotrading more than 50% of transactions - everyone understands that this is a new reality.