Sharing an array between all instances of EA's

I wish to create an array:

const int profitsSize = 32;‌

double potentialProfits[profitsSize];
Is it possible to share this array with all instances of my EA?

It’s so the EA’s can decide which currency pair to open, the most profitable one.

I also need to share an int‌ too(profitIndex) so each EA knows which array index to bind to. And also set the profitIndex to 0 only once.

for example:

int profitIndex;
// when first EA loaded
profitIndex = 0;

// set bindProfitIndex when each EA is loaded

int bindProfitIndex = profitIndex++;

// set potential profit
potentialProfits[bindProfitIndex] = ...;

Can EA’s use pointers as in c++?

for example:

double *otentialProfits[32];‌

‌‌
Thanks. ‌

Not to worry, I doubt 2 EA’s would want to open at the same time (within a click) very often.

Though I may find other uses for sharing variables so is it possible?‌

To declare a non dynamic array you can’t use a variable! Either use a number arr[32] or a ‘defined’ number: #define arrSize 32 … arr[arrSize];

Or you use a dynamic array and then you can use a variable to re-size the array: arr[]; …‌ ArrayResize(arr, profitsSize);

Thanks, can I share it across all instances?

Also how can I share variables between Indicators and EA’s?

Thanks.‌

I know I can use iCustom to access indicators buffers from the EA, but how can I access variables? Is it possible?

I know I can use iCustom to access indicators buffers from the EA, but how can I access variables? Is it possible?

No you can’t.
You can share a individual doubles via Global Variables of the Terminal - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Anything else will be files, pipes, shared memory, etc.

Pointers in mql5 are not really pointers (you can’t access memory directly).

Also they are available only for object (class instance) not for basic types (int, double…).‌

I see, thanks anyway. Just checking.