I got hidden results in the strategy optimizer. Not all results are displayed cause I got a better config that given by strategy optimizer, anyone knows why that?
Your issue is not clear. Please give more details.
At first version, I got a very good result.
Now in the newer versions, I’m getting other results but that good config is still working when non-optimization backtest. However, when optimization doesn’t appear.
What old version, what new version ? I doubt any body will understand what you are talking about.
I am asking you concrete information about your issue : provide screenshots, logs, settings, whatever will allow other people to understand what you are talking about.
Here there are the optimization results of an expert, ordered by profit:
Here there is a better result from a previous set of the same expert, that isn’t provided by the optimization results:
It’s done in the same tester with the same history data.
Ok, now I know a little bit of the problem. It’s about “Genetic Algorithm” box.
you said, Genetic algorithm will rarely gives you the exact same results when you run several optimization.
Also I hope you know what you are doing using Open Prices only mode, it requires specific conditions to be reliable.